6 Reasons to Send Your Child to a Private School
When parents are deciding where to send their children to school it is a very complicated and personal decision. Many parents struggle what the decision to send their children to public school or private school. Whether you are looking at private preschools, private elementary schools, best academy middle schools or private high schools, there are some very compelling reasons to pick private schools over their public counterparts.
- The class size is much smaller at private schools. Not only are the class sizes smaller but the schools themselves have fewer students. On average, private high schools have about half as many students as public high schools. The vast majority of private schools have fewer than 300 students. At least 86% can say this. This means that your child will get the attention they need to succeed. Teachers are more able to tailor their teaching style to match the students in their class. With only 10 to 15 students in each class, if some are more advanced than others, their learning style can be nurtured. For students who need a little help, it is easier for them to provide it. No child will fall through the cracks in a private school.
- It is more socially acceptable in private school to study than public school. The kids that really want to learn in public school get bullied and picked on. None of that happens in the private school. This is not because the public schools don’t care they just do not have the same resources and because they have so many more students in class it is hard for them to take a personal interest. By contrast, the atmosphere in a in a private school such as the best academy middle school, promotes and nurtures an environment where learning is appreciated and celebrated. Being surrounded by other people who put academics first has another impact. Students are not only supported by the faculty and teachers but by their fellow students.
- Private schools put an emphasis on personal development. The number one goal of private schools is to get children ready for college this does not just mean getting in the grades and SAT scores to get them into college it means preparing them to have the most successful college experience possible. Most private schools consider, along with academic development, the need to focus on personal development and maturation. When kids go to the best academy middle school, that preparation can begin even earlier.
- The facilities at private schools can’t be beat. From the sports facilities to the libraries and the facilities that support the arts and sciences, private schools put a premium on having the best facilities possible. When it comes to athletics, private schools have options that are not available for public school students. Students that attend private school have access to horseback riding, racket sports, crew, swimming, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer and archery. That is all up in addition to the normal sports are offered at public schools, such as baseball and football. The faculty at private schools understand the importance of a good extracurricular program for their students. They build important social skills and promote interaction between the students and staff. The musical facilities are also are also first rate at private schools. These schools do not force participation but it is actively encouraged
- The quality of the teachers at private schools is first rate. Most teachers hold advanced degrees such as Masters or higher. When the schools focus on hiring new faculty, they look for a number of criteria. They expect them to be highly competent teachers and have a passion for their profession and a passion for the subject.
- Private schools are safe. Many parents are worried today about sending their children to school but most parents and children in private school say they think they’re safe there. Nearly 72% of parents who were surveyed by the Fraser Institute say they feel that their child is safe at the private school they attend.
The decision to send your child to a private school, such as a best academy middle school, is a a deeply personal one. It is worth it tour the schools.